Thursday, September 22, 2011

Good blogs don't die. Not-so-good blogs refuse to die.

It always amazes me what you can discover in the internet. I have come across many interesting websites & blogs which are very educational & entertaining. So, when your favorite websites or blogs died off, you feel terrible. It is almost like losing a friend. It also makes you think about your blog and what would happen to it further down the road.

Two weeks ago, I discovered that Politemarket (aka A Peggy Method of Stock Market Valuation) is taking a break from blogging. The blog has stopped posting new entry since August 10. Politemarket is one of the very few Malaysian investment blogs that I find to be very informative and very useful. Just look at the series called "52 ways of Making Money in the Stock Market" (here) or the IPO series (here). I sincerely hope that Politemarket will make a comeback soon.

However, there are some blogs which are not only not informative, their very existence only serves the narrow interest of the publisher. One such blog is Samgang, which has been a thorn at side of many Malaysian investment blogs. His public blog is a kite that advertises his subscription-based blog. As such, his public blog has hardly any useful information. It however contains a lot of mumbo jumbo and a whole load of rubbish. He would make vitriolic criticisms about this fella & that fella & shamelessly trumpeting his successful calls. Oh, don't expect honest answers or deep soul-searching missives from Sam. The man has never made a wrong call before! Why not? He can walk on water!

No underhanded method is beyond him. Of late, he has been aligning himself (& his so-called investment techniques using fundamental analysis) with the success of millionaires & billionaires (here & here). When you can't stand on your own two feet, you have to lean on others. If you must lean on someone, they might as well be millionaires & billionaires. Maybe some of their shine would rub off on him.

I have nothing against fundamental analysis. In fact, some of my best calls are based on fundamental analysis. I do have an issue with Samgang's loud, rude & crude articles. And, the other thing that I find preposterous is that the guy seems to think that he owns fundamental analysis. Finally, I am proud to say that I am one of his favorite targets (here). In fact, I would consider nexttrade an abject failure if it hasn't made it onto that not-so-short honorable list. I won't waste too much good advice on an old dog, like Sam. Maybe, just one:
"Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone".

8 comments:

CP said...

HI Alex

Thanks ... for a person like you, I respect. I learnt many things from you since three years ago.

I do know politemarket(PM) too. Will e-mail him later.

I hope you will NEVER stop blogging, ya. The investment-circle needs people like you, ok?

Will like to meet you in person, if possible?

TEH

Ivan said...

It was seriously a short when looking at yesterday chart, DJIA fall 280 pts. . . and . correct me if i am wrong, chart show a bearish trend. pattern . .

djia seem like a triangle. .once breakdown 11k level. .next support will be fall on 10k ?

lin said...

hi Alex,

Thumbs up to your blog and tq for sharing

Richard Chin said...

Hi Alex,

Your blog is my daily bread, other blogs may die off but I wish not yours!

流金岁月~丽莲 said...

I hope you will never stop your blogging, I learnt many things from you blog,tq for sharing.

your supporter

DJ Max said...

Cheers, you are great..
I am an analyzer myself, and I find your blog informative :)

konchy said...

Dear Alex,

Thank you for being a gentleman and maintaining your professionalism all this while. Your blog has always been my favourite to read to learn more about the stock market.

Have a good day!

Alex Lu said...

Hi Ivan

DJIA's immediate support is 10600. If that level is violated, it could easily test the psychological 10000 mark soon. If that is violated, all hell could break lose.