Tuesday, March 18, 2008

FT Alphaville- a new link added

I have added a new link, i.e. FT Alphaville, which is a "blog" affiliated to the Financial Times. It is "a free daily news and commentary service giving financial market professionals the information they need, when they need it".

I have been reading up on some of its articles for the past few weeks and I must say that it provides very relevant commentaries on many of the important developments in the global financial markets and economy. For example, there are 2 commentaries posted today that I believe you may like to read up. The first commentary deals with the possible big fall in commodity prices (go here) and the second commentary deals with the extreme measures that the Fed has taken & more measures that it may have to take in order to cope with the current financial crisis in the US (go here).

When I first started this blog, I used to post an entry during the weekend, where I would highlight some of the interesting articles that I had come across (with links provided). This weekend linkfest post was very time-consuming (see this example) and I had since discontinued it. I may, from time to time, point out some interesting articles, if they can provide some background as to why & how some events or developments are affecting the global financial markets and economy, and consequently, our stock market.

2 comments:

Encik Wan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Encik Wan said...

For a day(19/3/08), commodity bears are 'correct'. But equity bulls are also shaken. Deflationists will emerge to declare victory. Wait! If central banks are determined to pump liquidity into market, where should the money go? Our mattresses!