Friday, December 29, 2006

Charting for everyone

I've received many requests for assistance on charting matters. The requests normally fall into two categories; one is charting knowledge and the other is the source for charts on shares listed on Bursa Malaysia. On the former, I think that one very good source is the Chart School provided by StockCharts.com. Of course you can go out and buy some books on technical analysis written by authors such as John Murphy etc. On the source of charts, I believe that one of the very good website that you can get free charts is TradeSignum.com (go here for the free charts). Alternatively, you can buy a charting software (such as Metastock etc) & then, subscribe for the data.

With this post, I shall be take my leave until 2007. I must say that 2006 has been a good year for me for business reasons as well as personal development. One of the best thing that has happened is the starting of this blog, which has been a very enjoyable & rewarding experiment for me. When I first started blogging in last July, I thought I would not be able to sustain for more than a few weeks. Six months down the road, I am still at it. The excitement of spotting a good stock or sector or calling a reversal in the market; that will drive me on. It is not an easy task to blog and still carry on my stockbroking/dealing job at the same time. If the dealing is too hectic, the blogging will have to wait. As such, you may find a post that is slightly late. Well, that's the limitation that I've lived with for now.

2007 is likely to be a very exciting year for Malaysian stocks. We must take our chances when the opportunity comes along and I believe that 2007 is a good time for equity. With each trade, we must weigh the reward & the risk carefully. In trading as in investing, commitment is everything. By commitment, I meant the acceptance of the risk that goes hand in hand with the reward that you hope for. There will be losses as much as there will be gains. If a trade goes against you, you need to take the loss and move on. The market in 2007 will test your mettle as a trader because the prices will likely to be much higher than now. If the market were to do a major top after a long run-up, there is only one thing to do. Sell quickly when the time comes. Until then, you must stay sharp & focused.

That's all for now. I wish you all a very Happy New Year.

3 comments:

ywt06 said...

u've done a great job!

Bluesea said...

Excellent job done. i love yr posting as they were written very professionally and unbiased.Keep it up.

BHK said...

You have done a excellent job. I'm your frequent reader, and very appreciate and impress of your TA view and comments.

Keep it up.

Happy New Year.

Regards BHK