Historical Financial Performance
Graph 1: Dufu's last 10 yearly result
Recent Financial Result
For QE31/12/2016, Dufu's net profit rose 166% q-o-q or 379% y-o-y to RM15 million while revenue was mixed- up 10% q-o-q but down 11% y-o-y to RM48 million. The improved profits were attributed to:
- Depreciation of Ringgit Malaysia against USD.
- Gain on dissolution of subsidiary amounting to RM3.71 million.
- Reversal of receivable and inventories amounting to RM1.16 million and RM1.22 million respectively.
- Continued improvement of production efficiency and effectiveness.
- Improve in interest income in the quarter under review
Table: Dufu's last 8 quarterly result
Graph 2: Dufu's last 14 quarterly result
Latest Financial Position
As at 31/12/2016, Dufu'd financial position is deemed satisfactory with current ratio at 3x and gearing ratio at 0.4x. It has net cash of RM38 million or 21.6 sen per share.
Dufu (closed at RM0.87 yesterday) is now trading at a trailing PER of 5.5x (based on last 4 quarters' EPS of 15.82 sen). Excluding the one-off gain & reversals, the last 4 quarters' EPS would be 12.3 sen and the trailing PER would be 7.1x. At either PERs, Dufu looks attractive.
Dufu is in a strong uptrend line, S1-S1 with support at RM0.70.
Chart: Dufu's monthly chart as at Feb 28, 2017(Source: ShareInvestor)
Based on good financial performance & position, attractive valuation & positive technical outlook, Dufu is a goios tock to consider for long-term investment.